A Paddling Perspective: Announcing our Kayaking Eco-Tour
Coastal North Carolina is one of the finest flat-water kayaking destinations on the East Coast. Explore the salt marshes and sheltered waters while learning about the wildlife and waterfowl that inhabit the creeks around River Dunes.
Paddle the quiet waters with a qualified naturalist and kayaking instructor. This 1/2 day paddle on April 30th is for novice and advanced participants in touring kayaks.
On the Eco-Tour, you'll learn about:
- The Neuse River watershed
- Herons, egrets, osprey, rails, and killdeer
- Trout, drum, shrimp and crabs
- Native saltwater plants
Arrive on Friday, April 29th and join everyone for dinner at the Harbor Club. Saturday morning, you'll meet your kayaking guide for a safety and instructional session and then we'll head out together for the creeks. After the morning kayak tour, enjoy lunch at the Club and an
afternoon riding bikes or relaxing by the pool.
A Paddling Perspective Weekend Schedule
- Friday, April 29th: Check-in
- Friday Dinner: 6:00-9:00. Enjoy Chef Robert's new Spring Menu at the Club. Reservations required.
- 9am Saturday, April 30th: Meet the Kayak Guide at the Harbor Club Boat Ramp. Brief safety and instructional session followed by a three-hour cruise...
- 12:30: Lunch at the Club
- Afternoon: Open. Enjoy the bicycles, golf carts, canoes or head out on your boat for an afternoon cruise.
- 5:30 pm: Craft and Micro-Brew Beer Tasting. Sample our new Spring line-up of local brews.
- Supper: a selection of the Chef's favorite dishes.
- Low-Country Salmon: Fillet of Atlantic Salmon dusted with Blackening Spice and Pan Seared served with Charleston Grits and a
Spicy Corn Cream Sauce $21
- Angus Filet Mignon: 8oz center-cut Angus Filet grilled to perfection
Served with Cabernet Reduction $27
- Chicken Marsala: Twin Breasts of Chicken lightly pounded and sautéed with rich Marsala Wine, Mushrooms and shallots $18
- Sicilian Plum Tomato Penne:
Portabella Mushrooms and Fresh Herbs slow cooked in a Rich Plum Tomato Sauce and tossed with Penne Pasta
Finished with Shaved Pecorino-Romano Cheese $14
$75/person. Includes kayaking, all equipment and lunch. Does not include Friday Dinner or Saturday Supper.
Please plan to bring sun protection, comfortable weather-appropriate clothing, and shoes that can get wet. You will be on the water for three hours. Bottled water will be provided.
Guests Welcome! Non-Members need Cottage or Saturday Dinner Reservations to participate in the Eco-Tour at this special rate..
Saturday's Sailing and Fun a…
Boat US picks New Bern/Orien…
Leukemia Cup Weekend Starts …
New Bikes for New Neighbors
Memorial Day at River Dunes …
The 2013 Leukemia Cup Regatta
Spring Fling and River-Rama
Derby Day was a Smashing Suc…
River Dunes Burgee on the Move
Free Coast Guard Boat Safety…
Welcome our New Construction…