Coastal Heritage Weekend
Coastal Heritage Weekend at River Dunes is all about life on the coast of North Carolina. Join us on Saturday, March 12th!
Discover the history of boat-building with the NC Maritime Museum and the local waterman's tradition at the Harker's Island Waterfowl Museum & Heritage Center. Enjoy a Downeast Mardi Gras Supper at River Dunes and listen to the Celebrated Photographer and Story-Teller, Ben Casey, recount his trip down the Neuse River. Ben traveled the Neuse by means of canoe, jon boat, skiff, and sailboat- creating a photo-documentary of the eastern third of the state. Spend the night at The Cottages in River Dunes, sumptuous and snow-free... Coastal Heritage Weekend Schedule
- 6:30-8:00 Friday: Enjoy fried shrimp, hushpuppies and coastal beers in the Harbor Club. $12/person.
- 9am Saturday:Depart River Dunes for Beaufort with Guide. Free Ferry across the Neuse River. Transportation Provided. Seagull snacks optional.
- 10am: Private Insider's Tour of the Antique Boat Collection at the Beaufort Maritime Museum
- Noon: Option 1: Enjoy lunch in Beaufort at the Beaufort Grocery Company, followed by an afternoon in the shops and antique stores of Historic Beaufort.
- Noon: Option 2: Enjoy a down-east lunch at The Fish Hook in Harker's Island, followed by a private guided tour of the Harker's Island Waterfowl Museum and Heritage Center.
- 6:30 pm: Back at River Dunes: Cocktails & a Coastal Mardi-Gras Supper at the Club. Fire-side Speaker: Ben Casey
$25/person. Includes transportation and admissions. Does not include Friday Dinner, Saturday Lunch, or Supper.
A "Family" Wedding at River …
Saturday's Sailing and Fun a…
Boat US picks New Bern/Orien…
Leukemia Cup Weekend Starts …
New Bikes for New Neighbors
Memorial Day at River Dunes …
The 2013 Leukemia Cup Regatta
Spring Fling and River-Rama
Derby Day was a Smashing Suc…
River Dunes Burgee on the Move
Free Coast Guard Boat Safety…