Coastal Heritage Weekend
Coastal Heritage Weekend at River Dunes is all about life on the coast of North Carolina. Join us on Saturday, March 12th!
Discover the history of boat-building with the NC Maritime Museum and the local waterman's tradition at the Harker's Island Waterfowl Museum & Heritage Center. Enjoy a Downeast Mardi Gras Supper at River Dunes and listen to the Celebrated Photographer and Story-Teller, Ben Casey, recount his trip down the Neuse River. Ben traveled the Neuse by means of canoe, jon boat, skiff, and sailboat- creating a photo-documentary of the eastern third of the state. Spend the night at The Cottages in River Dunes, sumptuous and snow-free... Coastal Heritage Weekend Schedule
- 6:30-8:00 Friday: Enjoy fried shrimp, hushpuppies and coastal beers in the Harbor Club. $12/person.
- 9am Saturday:Depart River Dunes for Beaufort with Guide. Free Ferry across the Neuse River. Transportation Provided. Seagull snacks optional.
- 10am: Private Insider's Tour of the Antique Boat Collection at the Beaufort Maritime Museum
- Noon: Option 1: Enjoy lunch in Beaufort at the Beaufort Grocery Company, followed by an afternoon in the shops and antique stores of Historic Beaufort.
- Noon: Option 2: Enjoy a down-east lunch at The Fish Hook in Harker's Island, followed by a private guided tour of the Harker's Island Waterfowl Museum and Heritage Center.
- 6:30 pm: Back at River Dunes: Cocktails & a Coastal Mardi-Gras Supper at the Club. Fire-side Speaker: Ben Casey
$25/person. Includes transportation and admissions. Does not include Friday Dinner, Saturday Lunch, or Supper.
Tennis Time is Getting Closer!
Two Boat Shows this Weekend …
2014 Leukemia Cup Regatta Ki…
Fire Station going up!
River Dunes Owners Head Home…
River Dunes hits the Road to…
Game Night at the Harbor Club
New Year's Eve at the Harbor…
New Year's Eve at River Dunes
It's Beginning to Look Alot …
More New Neighbors in Oyster…
Happy Thanksgiving from Rive…